Sunday, May 06, 2007

ToDay...

Today, it's not the first time I enter this place, it's not the first time I have been to a place filled with warmth and friendly bunch of people. In fact, it's the sixth or seventh time I follow my old and best friends from my secondary school to their place of worship. I understand- good things must be shared…they wanted to share their experiences with me…their intentions are genuine and they wanna catch up with my well-being…will it be the last visit this time or a few more to come? Put it straight…I wanna see how different people worship differently in their respective way. I can admire how passionate they are, and they eagerness to share and invite me to join them to be part of them, but I shall stick to what I am comfortable with at this stage.

I encountered mixed feelings today...I also feel giddy after taking in more than 2 hours of sharings…the people there welcomed me with open arms, when they heard I am studying here and this place is a stone's throw away from my campus, they encouraged me to join them. I don’t know why I am speechless, I can’t utter a single word. I didn’t say “Sorry, I won’t” or “Sorry, I am not interested”. They are so nice, kind and took so much effort to make this weekly event so successful till it’s just hard to say a short NO. There will be no ending to this place it seems…there is some line-up going on…the cycle is repeating after it had stopped…

In fact, I found out that my friends who brought me here have links here, and since the world is so small, I am connected to these people as well! I somehow know these people well- since I was young or more than 10 years. And they all converge to this homey place..

This song reminds me of how I wanted to see the other side, to give a chance and discover what Buddhism is :

Come & See (Ehipassiko)

Ehipassiko come and see you’ll know
The Teaching of Peace the Teaching of Love
The Teachings of the Buddha is for all
Who want to be free forever more

But don’t just believe, Investigate
Do not simply accept what you hear or see
Not even if it is uttered by ME

So don’t just agree you’ve got to verify
When you know that it’s good
And it’s praised by the wise
Then live up to it the rest of your life


Taken from:
http://www.dharmaresonance.com/drjan05/lyrics/comesee.pdf

No comments: