Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Hired!

Flashback -yesterday..

Caller1: Hello may i speak to...?
Me : Ya, speaking..
Caller1: I am ***from ***. About your internship with our company, are you still interested?
Me: Yes, I am.
Caller1 : Ok, I will connect this line to another colleague of mine..

Caller2: Hi Eileen, this is ***.
...............
And the telephone interview began. I didn't even realise it was a tele-interview until they asked everything in detail...

Caller1: So, Eileen, tell me what have you learnt in Electronics1, electronics2, electricity and magnetism?
Me: finding the words : in elec1 we learnt bla...bla bla... elec2 more on elec?? erm bla bla bla...
Caller1 : So what is your opinion of those subjects? What have you gain from learning those subjects?
Me: Er... electronics 2 more in depth...more usage...the syllabus include....

..................
.........
Caller2: What is the function of this IC?
Me : Gosh, (in my heart 'help! I hate electronics..why i learn this course??'

Caller1: Since you are willing to work...let's see u have 7 weeks left. Are you willing to continue after you semester reopens?
Me: Emm...ya I shall give it a try..How long I have to work per week when my sem begins?
Caller1: For 2 to 3 days...That includes OT work till at night. And you have to sacrifice your dating time..
Me : ( wah...so busy ah? i will be tired at the end of the day after class...work somemore? can focus? dating? whoa IF got bf..this ques must think deeper...lol)
Ya, it should not be a problem. I shall try my best to arrange my time...
Caller1: very well then..I will call u again if ur successful..

Today,

Caller2: I am pleased to announce that you are hired!
Me : yay! thank you...


I am excited but have doubts...I will be placed in the lab! Oh no...phobia of handling circuits and the many apparatus..whenever my lab is over in a sem, it's like a celebration! always counting the number of experiments that is going to end...now...more lab sessions in da factory! pengsan...how? Just go ahead and take up the challenge! Cannot turn back anymore..already agree wanna go ahead ma...
Pray that I can survive and not memburukkan nama baik universiti saya, nama baik lecturer and of course, nama baik diri sendiri...
Have plenty to learn...

2 comments:

CY said...

Go go go! Make USM proud! :)

Congratulations.

Eileen said...

Thanks, cy! =)