Saturday, November 24, 2007

Which one?





Clockwise (left to right) : Sony Cybershot WSC-80, WSC-90, WSC-55



Bottom clockwise (left to right) : Canon Powershot A720, IXUS 70 (choice of black or silver rim) and IXUS 75.
All pics are taken from their respective Sony and Canon (Malaysia) websites.

In reference to my previous post on digicams,
I made up my mind. I grabbed the IXUS 70 after contemplating which digicam to buy. I reset my budget to be not more than RM 1200, so the Canon IXUS 860 IS which attracted me the most, is out. I also considered the Sony WSC-55 for a long time. In terms of pricing, we can see from the colourful booklet "It's Sony Time!" WSC-55 has gone down to RM 799. If not mistaken, this model was launched late last year. So with Christmas sales, New Year sales, Sony has come up with discounted prices on its products which include Vaio laptops, Bavaria LCD TVs, Sony Ericsson hps and of course, all its digicams which I'm eyeing for.
The Jusco Members' Day sale yesterday made me bought the IXUS 70. The price: RM 999.
For my value for $ mind, if I buy this model I get free : 2GB SD memory and hard casing. Besides that, sling bag, tripod stand and umbrella. On top of that for Members' Day sale, RM 100 Jusco shopping voucher. And of course in the compulsory package: Li-ion 2.4 V battery and its charger, wrist strap and 1 year warranty. I find getting the 2GB memory is very worth it.
So i just buy it. It's very compact too. IXUS 75 is 3" LCD but settled for 2.5" LCD for the sake of saving RM 100 (price difference between the two).
More about IXUS 70: 7.1 MP, ranked 1st for price under USD 150 ($ wise again..=p), and 3rd under 7 MP category and 5th in ultra compact category besides scoring 'A' in a digicam reviews site. ISO is 80-1600 and was released in March 07.

No comments: