Saturday, July 07, 2007

07.07.07

It's been a month since I have updated my blog!
Oh my goodness, it's not that I have forgotten this blog, just that I've been busy with work.

My industrial training came to an end yesterday, 6 july 07 and yesterday was the day I went to register for my course for this semester.
I had a presentation on my last day of internship. The meeting was called a technical forum. So it was one-hour-Q&A forum for the whole department to share.
Since there are only two presenters, me and another coursemate; I estimated both of us will have a half-an hour presentation each. Prior to that I had to prepare more stuff to present besides the assignment they let me did coz or else my presentation will only last 10-15 minutes if I don't add in extra stuff.

I include whatever things I have learnt since the first week, coz during the first week I was given a stack of notes to study. Some semicon notes and physics related stuff. The presentation went on smoothly, just that I was stuck in one of the slides. I can't explain the coplanarity problems an electronic device properly. Till now, I still have difficulty explaining that. It was kinda embarrassing in that particular section. Surprisingly, nobody interrupted and say, "I don't understand what you are trying to explain. I guess what you wanted to say about coplanarity is bla bla bla...". So I was there with lots of pauses and urm ah...em...em.. and moved on with the next slide. But luckily it was not the main thing on my agenda. small matter. So I went on till the end.

Came to one part, instead of being asked, I threw a question to my supervisor. I remembered I was given to do the assignment and I worked for 2 weeks, got the results until he gave another version of that same thing. I had to find all the differences between first and second version till I was so 'fuming' inside because actually he already had that latest version and did not gave me till 2 weeks later. The earlier version of course, it's not important anymore as it is considered outdated. So instead of showing my disagreement openly, I asked "*****, didn't in the meeting last time you said you'll check the discrepancy of the data because the old version and new version have differences by the way they are measured?"
He went on answering "Ya. bla bla" so fast I didn't catch what he said coz he used many terms that I'm not familiar. Gee, this supervisor ah........*cekik*cekik*

But matter is resolved as I have done my part with that latest version so end of story. I just wanted to highlight to him that next time give interns a latest thing to work on, don't let them suffer first or do double work. =p

Oh ya, we had a great time yesterday. After that presentation we had a farewell lunch at Paddington House of Pancakes @ QB. I realised that eating delicious and special pancakes can cost 20 times nore than the normal pancakes I buy from foodstall. Ha ha. But PHOP do have unique flavours and a variety of pancakes that will tempt you to try it out. Afterall, the farewell lunch is paid by the company so even more worth it. =D

After lunch, head back to factory, get some things done and I went back to USM and register. Next, went to hostel, register. Met up with roommate. Went home and attended wedding dinner of my uncle's secretary. She's very close to us too and knows our family very well. Kinda like old friends. I knew her 9 years ago. She helped me print my assignment coz I don't have a printer yet at that time. So sweet. =)
After dinner went to TESCO till 1 am to shop for groceries. Wah, so tired after I came back.
What a day. My training was a good experience. I shall keep this in mind and till then, it's back to studies on monday!

No comments: