Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Day

The study week has begun. I am relieved that all my tests are over. For me, this sem has recorded the highest number of tests among all the previous sems. Phew... now only need to focus on the finals which will begin on 29 oct. Timetable is more packed this sem, as my papers will end on 9 nov. Which means I will have holiday earlier than my friends who will have their last papers later than that.
Today is my 'chinese birthday', which is first day of eating vegetarian in the month of the 9 emperor gods. Later my gang of friends will belanja me...haha.
Last night I watched the live telecast of our very first astronaut being lauched to space.
I synchronised my time to 21:22 when it was launched. ;-)
On astro channel 558, they had some interviews with our astronauts and also an ex-cosmonaut, besides that historical moment of the rocket blasting off to space.
According to the ex-cosmonaut, an astronaut will witness 16 sunrises and sunsets in one earth day. Which means, a Muslim practising fasting will have 45 minutes of fasting and breaking fast in between. Whoa, must keep tab of that 45 min intervals.
Upon getting itself into orbit it, the space shuttle will travel at 8 km/s that is why the view from up there will be spectacular. U can see everything passing by so fast, live telecast. Not a boring view, eh.. But our dear astronaut will be doing some checkings and experiments up there so no standing by the window for too long to watch the world goes by...haha. But time is travelling fast there, so every 16 sunrises is a new 'day' so it should be cool..
Ok, i gotta go now... my roommate is waiting for me. She's going back to her hometown for this study week. =D

No comments: